Flip Flops - The act of giving or taking (Flip Flopping) one thing in return for another.
Over the past five years we have seen the cutest trinkets, thingamajigs and whatchamacallits that our members have handmade or acquired to show the fun times they have with the Blue Thong Society. We have seen pins, buttons, earrings, charms, etc.
We would like to start a tradition of exchanging "Flip Flops" to remember a special event, chapter or charity.
Events usually have a theme, for example the upcoming BTS Cruise to Cabo. The theme could be Cruising, Mexico or Beach Party. And there is always the Blue Thong, Martini, or Margarita. You could always show something about your chapter (i.e., name, city, etc.).
• Don't spend a lot of money. Consider making something from recycled material.
• Be creative, and take time to make hand-crafted "Flip Flops".
• Try to have one "Flip Flop" for each event participant. On the Cruise we have 90 members going.
• "Flip Flops" should be able to be worn, used, or displayed.
• Get a group of girls together and make it a craft night.
Two chapters in San Diego got together one night and made "Flip Flops" for the up coming Cruise to Cabo. We had so much fun. We have started a monthly craft night making decorative and motivational items for charities in our area.
If you are familiar with Girl Scouts, you'll know these as "swaps".